Results of the Private Equity Study 2021
How has the pandemic affected portfolio companies and the value creation strategies of private equity firms so far? In what way has the role of procurement in particular changed on the operational value creation approach?
These and other aspects were the subject of this year’s INVERTO Private Equity Study. Over 55 respondents from private equity companies of various sizes shared their views on the topic with us at the beginning of 2021.
The results show:
- The PE firms interviewed are emerging from the pandemic largely unscathed so far, with moderate impact on portfolio and deal flow,
- The majority report that 50% or less of their portfolio companies have been impacted. Countermeasures appear to be partially cushioning the impact of sales declines on profits,
- Private equity firms are now investing more in sectors less affected by economic cycles, such as business services and pharmaceuticals,
- Bottom-line improvements have become more important. Optimisation levers with early and sustainable impact are considered relevant,
- While the importance of procurement is increasing, only 53% of companies continue to set procurement targets.
Download the full results presentation including detailed recommendations for action free of charge here: