Dr. Frank Wierlemann
Frank Wierlemann is a founder and Managing Director of INVERTO GmbH. He graduated with a degree in Business Administration from the universities of Cologne and Wuppertal.
He then worked as Managing Director of a family-run service company, before going on to become a manager at an international management consultancy firm. Before founding INVERTO with Markus Bergauer and Kiran Mazumdar in July 2000, he was Head of Procurement at a European retail group.
As a Managing Director and founder of INVERTO, Frank Wierlemann advises medium-sized companies and groups on all aspects of strategic procurement and supply chain management.
He specialises in retail, particularly the field of category management, and in procurement transformation programmes. He has many years of consulting experience in the consumer goods and pharmaceutical industries. He focuses mainly on the implementation of strategies to reduce direct and indirect procurement costs, as well as on global sourcing.
As Managing Director, Frank Wierlemann is responsible for the Retail & Consumer Goods Competence Center.
Recent publications and specialist articles by Frank Wierlemann can be found here:
- Purchasing, the Underestimated Power, published by Frankfurter Allgemeine Buch
- Hamster or Shark: Why Sustainability in Purchasing Works, published by Frankfurter Allgemeine Buch
In his role as Managing Director, he is also responsible for the Human Resources department.
Customer extracts & reference reports
Find out about some of the customers and projects Frank Wierlemann has managed:
- Bahlsen – procurement transformation and cutting procurement costs
- Fressnapf – process and cost optimisation in indirect procurement
- International retail group – optimising packaging costs
- Kreyenhop & Kluge – Optimising Global Sourcing
- Maxeda Holding – organisational development in purchasing, introduction of central purchasing
- Netto – increasing purchasing power using standardised web-based software
- Nordsee – optimising purchasing in indirect procurement
- REWE GROUP – International bundling of private label brands
- Rudolf Wöhrl AG – establishing strategic brand partnerships
- Wback GmbH – optimisation and cost reduction in raw materials purchasing
Personal life and Commitment
Frank Wierlemann is married with three children and lives with his family in Cologne.
As an internal sponsor of the Cologne Bridge Run, every year Frank Wierlemann encourages his INVERTO colleagues to join the event. The executive board gives money to charity for every person who takes part in the run, meaning that large sums are donated every year.
back to Overview