Write your Master’s or Bachelor’s thesis with INVERTO!
Studying is fun – but it only gets really cool when you can try out scientific concepts in real business life. For example with us!
Are you a student in economics and ready to graduate? Then join us and write your thesis here.
- Professional supervision by experienced professionals
- Access to our knowledge database
- Contact to relevant interview partners
- Lots of expertise and open ears for your questions
- (very) good performance in your field of study
- An initial idea for a topic agreed with your department
Isabelle Flesch and Leona Uka: Bachelor’s thesis “Women in Procurement“
Isabelle and Leona, students at „WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management“, addressed the topic why women are underrepresented in procurement in their Bachelor’s thesis. In more than 40 interviews with female buyers at various career levels they identified the following obstacles:
- Procurement often plays a subordinate role in studies, so students do not learn about the diverse tasks that await them there.
- In industrial companies it is often assumed that employees in procurement need technical knowledge, which women are merely expected to have.
- Travelling is part of the daily work of many buyers (beyond the pandemic), which is difficult for women with children to reconcile.
- Male-dominated networks tend to attract men and, furthermore, tend to promote men.
The Chair of International Management and Procurement at WHU and our Project Manager Dr. Tobias Kosmol provided support to the two Bachelor students. Leona and Isabelle also sharpened their theses through many discussions with INVERTO colleagues. They make the following recommendations to get more women interested in procurement and to open up career paths for them:
- A vital diversity culture in the company
- Flexible working time models and remote work to make compatibility possible
- Targeted approach to suitable candidates in order to increase the share of women at all career levels.
We are also committed to these approaches. INVERTO’s objective is to significantly increase the number of women in the company – and especially in our consulting staff. If you would like to learn more about our Women@INVERTO program, please contact us!